I made a New Years promise for myself ,to try to cook healthy whole foods this year. Plan is to make dinner plan for whole week, in rder to save time and money.
Today I cooked new version from Greek Gyros. I used Cauliflower, spinach,chicken and feta cheese. Pita bread was ready bought, but my intention is to try to make it by myself next time. I was thinking of my vegetarian friends. This is actually very easily adapted into vegetarian recipe. Just add maybe mushrooms or tofu ,instead of chicken and you have fabulous Gyros dinner!
Here is the recipe:
- 600 g chicken breast
- 200 g sour cream
- 300 g cauliflower cut in small pieces
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100-200g cocktail tomatoes
- 200 g Baby Spinach
- Salt,pepper,smoked paprika powder and chilli pepper
- 4 pita breads
- Prepare the chicken by cutting it in bite size pieces. Do the same for your Cauliflower. Set the aside to wait.
- Cut the onion and garlic in small cubes. Put oil in the pan and sauté them untill they take little color.
- Add the chicken keep on frying about 5 minutes, add cauliflower,cocktail tomatoes,spices and little bit water.
- Let everything simmer in low heat till Cauliflower is tender.
- Prepare you Pita bread by toasting or grilling it. When warm half it and spread sour cream on it.
- Take your chicken Cauliflower Gyros off from the heat and toss the Baby Spinach into it fast.
- Fill you Pita bread with The Chicken Cauliflower Gyros,add the Feta Crumbs and serve .
Note: I didn’t add the chilies into the Gyros because Kiddo ate with us. I like to serve some cucumber, Iceberg salad,sliced onions on the side topped with extra Sour Cream.