I have loads of wonderful and very sweet tomatoes. My friends have been getting their share of the tomatoes and I am planning to make some ketchup and Marinara sauce for the winter. Pizza is something that we like to eat a lot. I have pizza stone in my grill which I use. This is the basic pizza dough which was thought for me by our Sicilian family friends who is a Chef. Recipe is a keeper, if you are looking for simple and easy pizza dough recipe.Here you go:
- 6,5 dl warm water
- 30 g yeast
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 kg flour, divided
- Mix warm water and yeast and let sit 5 minutes until yeast proofs.
- Add 6 dl flour with proofed yeast and mix well with a dough hook.
- Add the rest of the flour and salt, knead until smooth. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest in a ball for 2-3 hours.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil onto baking sheet or pizza pan and evenly coat bottom of baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Remove dough from bowl and add more flour as needed (a little at a time) to alleviate the stickiness of the dough if needed. I add a few Tablespoons usually.
- Split the dough in five 200 g balls. This is the weight which you need to make normal pizza. Roll each ball of dough very thin and place on greased pan. If you are not making the whole dough at one go wrap the balls in with plastic wrap and freeze them.Yeast dough is good up to two months when frozen.
Now comes the fun part! Top your pizza dough however you would like. If you have a favorite pizza recipe or breadstick recipe, have at it! Be sure and leave a ¾-inch space on the edge for crust. Bake each pizza separately at 200 c° for 18-20 minutes for pizza and 15 minutes for bread sticks or cinnamon sticks.
I made this time small Calzones which I filled with spinach and ham. Easy and fast.Perfect snack to take along to swimming pool. I used 800g of the dough.I divided the dough into 12 equal size balls which I then used for making my Calzones.
I used spinach,tomatoes,garlic,ham and mozzarella for the filling.
Whole thing was topped with slice of a tomato from my garden.Hope you like the recipe and try it out.