Traditional asparagus dishes aside! One of my big foodie loves is Asian food. This recipe is compining couple of different world kitchens that has had influence on me. Asian cooking is one of my favorites to do. Taste,color and easiness of it is what I love. Stir fry some are so simple to do and you do not need many ingredients to make tasty lunch. And asparagus in on season so I wanted to serve it bit different today.
It has little Austria in it in form of pumpkin. Pumpkinseed oil is used in Austria as salad dressing or just drizzled over cheese or salads. Problem is that it does not take frying very well but as part of a marinade it gives meat lovely nutty flavor . To add bit more crunchy to my stir fry I used toasted pumpkinseeds. Lovely! Whole this was topped with Wood Garlic . Spring on my plate half Austrian a half Asian way.
So her you go,my Asparagus and Chicken Stir Fry recipe:
- 2 skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Garlic gloves, finely minced
- 10-12 asparagus spears (ends trimmed off and cut in half or thirds)
- 2 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce/marinade
- 1 TablespoonOyster Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Pumpkinseed oil
- 1 Teaspon honey
- soy sauce
- salt to taste
- Handfull of Pumpkinseeds,finely chopped and lightly roasted
- Wood Garlic to garnish
- Begin by cutting your chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces.
- Mix a marinade from lemon juice, soy sauce,teriyaki sauce,pumpkin seed oil,salt and garlic. Pour over your cut chicken and set aside to marinade at least for half an hour.
- Meanwhile roast your pumpkin seeds,chop them coarse and set aside to wait.
- Drain excess marinade away and set aside to wait.Cook chicken till done.Once cooked, take out your chicken and set it aside.
- Cook your cut asparagus spears in the remaining oil. minced garlic.Cook asparagus on medium head for 6-8 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the asparagus along with the rest of your marinade. Add on teaspoon honey.Cook for an additional 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving add the roasted pumpkin seeds on top your asparagus chicken and top with finely minced wood garlic.
Eat alone or serve over rice,zoodels or noodles.