I am still on my asparagus trip but it is starting to wear off. Almost moth eating pasta has taken its toll. But this is one of my new favorites and Kiddo loves it. This pasta is dead easy to make and fast. It will be a real crowd pleaser also. Simple, yet elegant in taste. I combined it with my Parmesan chicken recipe which you will find here:
Left over Parmesan chicken bits are great for Kiddo to eat later too. He will have some tomorrow for his school lunch and some pasta salad to go with it.
- 250 g spaghetti
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons; zest cut in very thin strips 1 inch long
- 5 dl heavy cream
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 300 g green asparagus, sliced,tips saved
- salt, to taste
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles, and stir to separate. Cook for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain, then return to the cooking pot.
- Just before noodles are done, in a small saucepan sautée your finely chopped onions then combine the lemon zest, cream, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until cream comes to a boil.
- Pour cream mixture over drained noodles, and add the lemon juice. Stir to coat. Add sliced asparagus into the mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until all the liquid is absorbed, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season with additional pepper, if desired.
- Serve with the Parmesan chicken or eat simply as it is. I like to add little fresh Parmesan over the pasta.