Summertime is time for light cakes. Cheesecakes are my favorite . They are easy to change and fast make. As Finn I love Forrest berries and I were lucky enough to find real bilberries from our weekly market. The flavours of forest bilberries is so amazing!
We spend about three weeks in Finland in our summerhouse and baking there is not so easy due to lack of proper oven. But for this cake you do not need oven!
I used in the bottom Oreo cookies. They work very well together with all the berry flavours. So here you go easy, fancy and fast ombré cheese cake recipe !
For the bottom
- ca. 10 Oreos crumpled (about 150 g)
- 70g melted butter
- 1 tbs vanilla sugar
For the cream
- 9 Leafs of gelatins (or agar agar)
- 3 packages of Philadelphia fresh cheese (or similar,quark works too)
- 300g Mascarpone
- 3 dl cream
- 180g powder sugar
- 2 Tbls vanilla sugar
- Juice and peel of a one lemon
- 250g blueberries
- 250 g strawberries or raspberries
- Put the cookies on Ziplock bag and crumple them by using rolling pin. Let it rip, hammer baby hammer! Melt the butter. In a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and 1 Tbs vanilla sugar. Stir in the melted butter until well-combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and of 20 cm springform pan.Refrigerate until the filling is ready.
- In a large bowl with an electric handheld mixer (or using an electric stand mixer), mix the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar and mascarpone until smooth and light, 2-3 minutes. Add the whipping cream and mix until very thick and creamy, 4-5 minutes. Divide the filling into three equal portions.
- Purée first your bilberries and fold into the cream. Soften 3 leafs of gelatins in cold water,squire excess water away and boil in about 1 dl water until gelatin has dissolved. Mix into the bilberry cream mixture and pour over your cake bottom. Try to get all air bubbles away by gently knocking your form against of the table top. Refrigerate at least 15-20 minutes before adding the next layer.
- Next layer is with the lemon. Use organic lemon. First crate the chest ,mix it into the the cream and add pressed lemon juice. Mix well. If you want this layer more or less sour adjust the amount of lemon used. I like it sour! Add gelatines same way as in previous layer. Little tip, next time I will be adding into this layer little Licor 43!
- With the third layer, proceed same way as with the first one.Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Remove form sides,even up the sides with wet spatula and decorate and serve.