Oh, how I have been waiting for spring to come! Winter was so long this year (two months or so 😀 ) Lots have happened during the winter time, and that’s why I have been bit quiet on my food blogging,no inspiratin honestly. But I will try to be bit more active again.
I found from the market first rhubarb. Usually I have made pies or cold soup out of them but I decided to try cookies this time. The are easier to put in Kiddo’s lunch box than a pie.
Here you go, my cardamom and Rhubarb Cookies. Eat them as they are or maybe put some vanilla ice cream on top of one cookie and slap second one. Ice cream sandwich 😀 Cookies have nice tangy taste and cardamom gives them little extra kick.
- 185 grams of softened butter
- 200 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 280 g fine spelt flour (wheat is ok too)
- 2 tsp corn flour (corn starch)
- 200 g of rhubarb chopped
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbsp bourbon vanilla sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Chop the rhubarb into small pieces and place into a small bowl. Add the extra ½ tablespoon of sugar, the lemon juice (use more or less depending on how lemony you like your cookies), to the chopped rhubarb, mix well and allow to sit for a little while.
- Cream butter,cardamom and sugars, then add the egg and mix well.
- Fold in flour and corn flour and then stir through rhubarb mixture.
- Place table spoons (or bigger!) of dough on well-greased trays or on baking tray cover with baking paper, and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- These cookies will not brown, they stay very blonde. When you see them starting to go slightly brown around the edges, take them out, or they will be crumbly not soft and chewy.